Powerful Printing™ Digital Workbook
Note: software requires Flash plug-in
and pop-up blockers turned off to view.
Write-On Handwriting's Powerful Printing™ Digital Workbook software is a student-guided computer program that brings multiple senses to the task of learning to write in cursive. Even reluctant writers learn to write fluently and legibly.
- Emphasizes correct letter formation
- Uses basic directional terms
- Uses visual cues –arrows– to reinforce letter patterns
- Addresses spatial components with writing lines
- Captures and maintains student attention
Our step-by-step strategy for teaching handwriting complements the exercises contained in the companion Powerful Printing Paper Workbook. By using both tools, educators break the tedium frequently associated with handwriting instruction through fresh, engaging and diverse exercises.
Handwriting really can be fun!
1. The mouse can be clicked and released or clicked and held down to write a letter.
2. Slow down. As adults, we know how to write, so we tend to move the mouse too quickly during the interactive Step 4. Students are learning new letter patterns and need to move the mouse slowly so that the letter patterns are retained.
3. Change your mouse speed. For Macs, under System Preferences choose Keyboard and Mouse and move the Tracking Speed to slow. For Windows, under Control Panel choose Printers and Other Hardware/Mouse icon, choose the Mouse icon, choose the Pointer Option tab and change the Motion to slow.
4. Take the cursor arrow to the end or tips of the arrows. For example, when writing the letter "a" go to the end of the blue arrow - to the mid line - before retracing down to the writing line.